BDSc, PhD, MSc(Dent), GradDipClinDent, FADI, FPFA.
Dr. Greg Mahoney has been an integral part of the Manly community since 1980. He is a highly experienced dentist with over 30 years experience and holds a number of key positions in prominent dental associations in Australia. His ongoing education has kept him at the forefront of new developments in dentistry such as ‘sleep dentistry’ and developing better methods of predicting when patients are likely to develop dental issues between normally scheduled dental appointments.
Greg first established in Manly after a stint in private practice in Mount Isa and was drawn to the sea air and boats after the long hot dry summers of the North West. Since coming to Manly, Greg has combined his love of sailing boats, the air force and academic pursuits with vigor.
Dr. Mahoney’s extensive qualifications and professional memberships are listed below. To make an appointment with Dr. Mahoney click here to contact us.
Post Graduate Qualifications
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (USyd) – Awarded the ASDA prize for the highest pass
- Masters of Science in Dentistry (USyd)
- PhD (UQ) – Dr Mahoney’s thesis found that a predictive model was possible in determining which patients were likely to have trouble in the
period between dental examinations.
- Awarded fellowships with the Academy of Dentistry International and the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Professional Memberships And Leadership Roles
- President of the Australian Society of Dental Anaesthesiology
- President of the Australian Military Medicine Association
- National director of Airforce Specialist Health Services
- Consultant to the Director of Defence Force Dentistry on dental sedation and epidemiology
- Asia Pacific Representative for the International Federation of Dental Anesthesiology Societies, and
- Secretary of the Section Defence Force Dental Services of the World Dental Congress.